Vignettes /Greater Winnipeg / Adelaide-Forks
Law Courts Building
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
The Manitoba Law Courts building is situated across Broadway from the Manitoba Legislature building. The Law Courts actually consists of several buildings.
V.W. Horwood is credited with the final plans for the building, however the original architect was Samuel Hooper, the provincial architect from 1904 until his death in 1911. V.W. Horwood, the assistant provincial architect, had succeeded Hooper as provincial architect.