Land Titles Building
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
The first Land Titles office was built in 1881 on the
corner of Broadway and Kennedy. Up to that point in time
a race course had been located in the area.
It was decided
in 1903, that a new, larger Land Titles office was needed
in the city. The job of designing the building was assigned
to Samuel Hooper, the Provincial architect. He was assigned
the task of building the structure for a budget of $82,000.00.