/Greater Winnipeg / Adelaide-Forks
William E. Milner House
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
William Edwin Milner was the western manager of the Maple
Leaf Flour Mills Company. He had relocated his family to
Winnipeg and chose the new middle-class subdivision on
Balmoral Street for his family to settle.
The property at 51 Balmoral was originally part of land that
was granted to James Spence from the Hudson Bay Company.
The acreage which covered Spence Street and the south side
of Broadway Avenue, was subdivided in 1903. The $8,000 structure
was built among several other large, single-family dwellings
in the area.