/ Greater Winnipeg
All People’s Mission
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
In the late 1890s and early twentieth century Winnipeg ‘s
population increased grew from 26,000 to 136,000. By 1911,
Canada’s aggressive immigration policy had resulted
in 19% of this population being of European origin.
In 1889, Miss Dollie McGuire started Sunday School classes
for German-speaking children out of the McDougall Church.
Recognizing the difficulties that the children were facing,
her efforts reached out to assist the children’s families
with badly needed food and clothing.