Crane (Lombard) Building
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Built in 1906, this five-storey building served as a warehouse
and office for Crane, Ordway and Company, one of the largest
plumbing and steam fitter firms in the USA, with their
head office in Chicago.
The original work was designed by J. H. G. Russell and built
by Saul and Irish for $50,000. A $38,000 addition was built
in 1911 by S. Brynjolfsson and Company with the same architect.