Electric Building 65 Rorie Street
The Northern Electric Building was built in 1928 as an
office and depot for Northern Electric, a Montreal-based
firm that manufactured and distributed a broad range of
products: telephone components; wire and cable; electrical
apparatus; and radio sets.
Maw Block 280 William
During his career in the implement trade, Joseph Maw was involved in the building
of two buildings within the Exchange District.
Winnipeg Saddlery Block
284 William Avenue
Built in 1903 for Wright & Vanvliet Saddlery and Harness,
the block now stands vacant.
294 William Avenue
Massey Manufacturing Company was established in Upper
Canada in 1847, and became famous for its reapers just
as Canadian agriculture was being mechanized. Although
it opened a branch office in Winnipeg in 1881, the Massey
Company did not build its own facility until 1885.