T.W. Taylor Building
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Built in 1882, this two-storey brick structure was a printing
plant and book bindery which remained in business until
the late 1960s.
Thomas William Taylor, the founder of the company, was born
in England in 1852 and came to Winnipeg in 1877 opening his
own book bindery business about 1879. In 1880 he purchased
a 24 foot lot with a small frame building on McDermot Avenue
to house his printing operation. Within two years he
was able to finance a new building with the increasing demand
for his services.