Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Originally four storeys high, the Daylite Building was
designed and constructed in 1899 by James H. Cadham on
the southeast corner of McDermot Avenue and Princess Street
in the western half of the warehouse district.
The Daylite Building was a speculative investment for John
Duncan McArthur, a Winnipeg-based railway contractor, property
developer, and manufacturer-distributor of lumber and other