Virtual Heritage Winnipeg
Home Contact Sitemap Search Help
Virtual Tour Gallery Vignettes Links
The Exchange District

Vignettes / The Exchange District / Princess

Miller, Morse & Co. Warehouse

Enlarge text:  smaller  |  larger

The original three-storey section of this building was erected in 1887 by a hardware wholesaler, Miller, Morse and Company. Capacity was doubled when a building of identical design was added to the north side in 1892.

Further expansion occurred in 1920 when two floors were added on top of the complex, displacing the galvanized iron cornice.




Year Built Heritage Status Date Material Floors/Square footage
1891 Municipal, 1998, grade III

Solid brick, stone ornamentation around windows, façade has been significantly altered.

5 storeys/37,645 total floor space

Original Use Present Use Address Architect

Wholesale warehouse

Offices 86-88 Princess Street

George Brown





about this site  :  credits  :  Français