/ The Exchange
District / Princess
Enlarge text: smaller | larger
Founded in 1876, in Oshawa, Ontario by Robert Mclaughlin,
this firm was well-known for its fine products. McLaughlin’s
company grew steadily with a number of brands across Canada.
The Winnipeg branch was opened in 1901 or 1902. Land was
acquired at the north-east corner of Princess Street and
Ross Avenue, the former location of the Grand Union Hotel
which had burnt down in 1894.